Sunday, June 6, 2010

Good News!

Well I got my letter from Social Security- they ruled in favor of me- which means they granted me my disability. I don't know yet what I will be receiving monthly- another department deals with that and they should be contacting me within the next 60 days. At which point I have to apply for medicare coverage, find a supplementary insurance to cover my medications- the up side to having medicare is that I should be able to see my counselor more than once a month- I hope anyway. May also look into the outpatient groups that my psychiatrist suggested several months ago- they may be covered as well. While all of this is good news, it is also kind of sad- it means that yes my nursing career is over. I worked so hard to get it in the first place and now after working as a nurse for only 4 1/2 years- I am done. So this is my life now- a little less stressful now that the decision has been made. But I have a feeling that it is going to be a long road ahead of us for a while.

No comments: