Friday, May 11, 2012

One of the hardest jobs you'll love....


Yes, believe it or not, this department, these parents, these fragile little lives...they all made me feel alive. Holding their tiny little hands, feet, holding them for a feeding of less then 5 ml (1 tsp). This was my most rewarding job that I have had, that I will have as I am now on disability. During Nurse Awareness Week that happens to coincide with National Infertility Awareness Week. I hope that people don't have to go through any of this, but if you did, have, or are thank a nurse, give her or him a hug.
If you know someone that is going through IF, give them a hug to let them know that they aren't alone, ever. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

1 comment:

Shopgirl said...

Sara have you thought about being a Foster Parent? Just something you and Richard might be really good at. I know how you loved being a Nanny, how you love those boys and helped them grow. You could look into it, I have no idea how it works at this time. But I do know one thing, they need your kind of love Sweet Girl. Love, Mary