Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holidays

I had my weekly visit with my counselor, she is very caring and kind. Our project this month is to get me through the month. We came up with several activities to do starting this weekend and lasting over the next several weeks. Part of this activity is to help get me through December/the holidays and part of it is to make sure that I am getting out of the house. Richard and I attempted to do one these activities last weekend- my parents gave us 2 passes for the Thundermountain Line- which the weekend after Thanksgiving and throughout December went from being a basic train ride 'The Horseshoe Bend Express' to 'The North Pole Express' complete with decorations, stories with Mrs. Claus, Christmas carols, milk and cookies and the finale a visit to the North Pole to have pictures taken with Santa Clause. We had planned on going the weekend of Thanksgiving, but we had our first storm that weekend making roads rough and go figure- I had a migraine and really didn't want to spend the next 3.5 hours on a train full of families and then by driving the new vehicle on icy roads in the dark to get home. Any way the lady that I talked to for the train said that cancellation wouldn't be a problem due to the weather and the fact that they are gift certificates- we just have to use them by the end of the year. So that is my project tomorrow- schedule our train trip hopefully this weekend- definitely will be one way to face my fears- be loaded on a train full of families and commercialized Christmas. I am trying to look at as wonderful time spent with Richard while seeing a beautiful part of Idaho covered in snow. Just hoping for decent weather for the trip there and back- get to see how the new truck handles on the mountain roads, so far it has been okay here in town- do have another storm slated for tomorrow, so we will see.
Still playing with the debate of whether or not to put up the tree. Last year was technically the first time we put it up- we did have the tree up in 2008 when we first bought it (yes, we have an artificial tree) we placed the new ornaments that we found (feathery angel wings) and personalized for our at the time 3 angels- when we lost Olivia a little over a week later we could no longer find the angels wings- so she doesn't have one. I have looked multiple places for the last 2 years and have not had any luck in finding them- we both really want to have all 4 with their own set of wings. Last year we put the tree up, Richard strung the lights and then it took me 2 weeks to decorate the tree. Right now I really don't want the tree and all the decorations out and Richard supports me in that decision- but I know that we wants the decorations- maybe not all of them- I do like having the tree up with the white twinkle lights and the kitties curled up underneath- it is pretty.
I don't know what we are doing as far as family get togethers. My Aunt that used to live in Oklahoma moved back here to Idaho in August really wants to get together with the entire family for Christmas

No comments: